Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sorry... :(

My pastor told us this story during service today... His daughter was so naughty that he wanted to cane her. He held her in one hands and the 'whoosh' sound of the cane could be heard. The daughter heard the sound, but it did not hurt. It was because the pastor was hitting himself. My pastor could not hit his own child at all. The only way to get rid of his own anger was by hitting himself...

Then he told us this:
When we sin, God is VERY VERY VERY angry! God could punish us by sending us all to hell! However, God loves us so much that He rather die on the cross and suffer than to do that to us! He suffered pain for us! And everytime we sin, we are sending Him back to the cross... God, i DO NOT want you to suffer for me anymore! Let me not sin so that i will not send you back to the cross! Let me not take your grace and mercy for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment