Friday, August 14, 2009

Help me to be humbled!

Romans 12:16
16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited


This one of the verses i read today. Live in harmony with one another. I said "I do live in harmony with everyone" however, i realised i get angry at certain people over simple things. And that is definitely NOT living in harmony.

Next, it says not be proud, but make friends with people of low position. I believe everyone have our own pride. When we hear praises, we tend to be proud. That is not good. We should always be humble as we are here to serve and not to be served. Make friends with people of low position. This not only means friends whom u think are not good for you. They can be foreign workers, cleaners in your school even a BEGGAR! Are you willing to be their friends? God wants us to love everyone, regardless of how rich or poor they are!

For me, as a guy, i often have problems with pride. And i thank God for humbling me in many ways. I also pray that i will be able to make friends with everyone, not just whom those i think are worthy of me. For i am the lowest of all, i am a servant to all. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment