Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Boasting Time!

WOOTS! YOU SAW IT RIGHT! I AM GOING TO BOAST!

I officially finished my 1 MONTH fast! I started fasting from 29/06/09 to 29/07/09 (today)! I fasted from 12am-12pm, no food no water :) And i am glad to say... I DID IT! Now i am going to share my experience with you people!

1st week
The first week was HORRIBLE! When i started it, it was really really tough. I was like crying for water in my heart. So i had to pray constantly. This actually made me close to God :) Praise God! Plus the fact i was in school, this meant i had to constantly talk to people or ask teachers questions. So... yep! It was tough!

2nd week
During the second week, i got used to it already! BUT! God made me do plenty of walking in school! >_<

3rd week
God caused me to have sore throat and more... So i had to pray for healing. And trust me, the sore throat made fasting tougher! Really did not help! And i remembered i was sick on that sunday... When you are sick, you usually drink water right? That was when the real test came! I managed to refuse water until 12pm! And i recovered the next day! Praise God! God is really faithful! :)

4th week
This week was horrible! Somehow, i got this ulcer out of nowhere. Seriously painful! Every morning when i woke up, the ulcer sort of "drain" the water from my mouth. Super thirsty! I had to keep praying to God to provide water for me, and He did! :) Loves God!

5th week
So this week was quite ok. Except that i started fasting, AGAIN, for the concert No One Else held by my church. Please pray that it will be a success! Instead of being thirsty, I WAS HUNGRY! RAWR! It felt bad. In the end, GOD STILL PROVIDED ME WITH FOOD AND WATER! YAY! Love you God! :) Will boast AGAIN when i succeeded that fast! :)


Conclusion: God can provide you with food and water. Trust Him and it will be done! Are you willing to take this step of faith? Or is it too tiring or impossible?

Be warned: I was attacked by the devil several times during the fast, resisted some, fell into some. I even got addicted to computer games... But God DID NOT ABANDONE ME! He loved me more and healing has began! Fasting do make you fall, but it really shows how much we have to depend on God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment