Thursday, October 1, 2009

Money is the root of all evil. Indeed!

1 Timothy 6:7-10
v7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.
v8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
v9 People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction.
v10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

This few verses has brought my attention to how i am living in life. The first verse is so true. I believe most of us already know it. We bring nothing to the world, we take nothing out of it.

Then why are we hungering for all these?

It struck me... I was and still am speechless. What is the point of saving so much money just to buy something when you can use the money to bless someone? That is a very good point. I have seen and personally experienced becoming enemy with my friend(s) over money issues. I have seen how money tore up a family who used to be close together. I have seen people lying to one another for the sake of money. Money... is the root of all evil. If we desire for it, no doubt we can enjoy the comfort of the world. However, it will lead to many sufferings.

So i encourage you, do not let money be part of your life. Do not hold on to it. Do not be obsessed about it. Money is important in this world, but it should NOT be important in your heart. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment