Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Slave!

Romans 7:24-25
24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.


For your info, the writer is Paul. Notice i underlined the word 'slave'. When i read this, i asked myself. "Why did he say that? Was he actually doing God's work out of the sake of doing it? Was he actually reluctant to do?" Then i checked up the definition of slave.

Slave - a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another

The explanation "wholly subject to another" solved my question. Paul was not whining or showing his grudge against God. He was saying that he is totally under God's law. He does not obey the world's law but only God's law. 100% without doubt. He does not care if he is tortured or even killed if he does God's works. He only obeys God!

This made me think, do we obey God's law wholeheartedly like Paul? Or do we give up or surrender when someone tells you that you can be jailed for obeying God or even killed. It made me realise, i am still not a slave to God's law. But i want to be! God, make me a slave of your law! I am willing! Have a God blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment