Thursday, April 8, 2010

Reflections on Love Will Guide You Home Musical

After such a huge production, i feel that i should pen down the process of it. Before that, i just want to say something, I AM SUPER HAPPY TODAY! I actually reconnected with my long lost friends from my previous church through facebook. Glad that they are doing good =) Will catch up with them one day!

My Role in this musical:
Basically my role in this musical is a Stage Manager (SM). Basically what a stage manager does is to ensure the welfare of the casts, cue-ing of actors/actresses on stage, cue-ing of lights and sounds and do things for the directors (if needed). And my role in the SM team was to ensure the welfare of the casts and the cue-ing of actors/actresses on stage. =)

How i joined this musical:
Initially, i saw the recruitment on my church weekly bulletin and i had the urge to join. However, as i knew nothing about a musical, i hesitated. I did not even know what a SM does! I soon forgotten about the whole musical thing. Only after a few days, Evangeline (church friend) asked if i wanted to join as they needed people, seeing that they really needed people, i agreed. That was how it all started...

The whole process:
At first, i thought i would be in a sub-committee or a sub-sub-committee as committee members are usually adults, plus the fact i volunteered late. There was a meeting scheduled the next day (if i am not wrong), so i just tagged along. To my surprise, i was in the committee team! What a refreshing discovery! I was shocked! I started to get excited about the whole musical. This was near the end of school and beginning of the end-year holidays.

However, my enthusiasm started to die down as other activities came in. First there was my mission trip, followed by different church activities and the REAL program (1 month learning programme in church). All these started to give my boring life some... life. Nevertheless, i was still required to go help out at the musical such as meetings and taking notes for actors/actresses as they go through their character. It was quite boring as i just had to stare at them and take notes. Plus, i had to email them the notes. It was not what i had expected, i did not expect such things to happen in musicals but it did. I began to feel that such things were more of a chore rather than something exciting. However, i kept reminding myself that i joined because i love God! So, i dragged myself to the meetings and stuff. As time gone by, it started to get me excited again! The main reason was i actually experienced how people started to develop their character and how they evolved it. They got better and better and it really makes me excited to see everything starting to piece together.

Honestly, back then, i thought the SM just had to take notes for the casts. (quite dumb i guess...) Nevertheless, i still participated though i disliked it most of the time. However, as time went by, the actors/actresses did not practice alone or in groups any longer, they started going on stage. The stage set that was ordered was also delivered. Everything was set for a performance! Only from that day on did i realise the magnitude of the Musical. And only on that day did i truly comprehend what a SM had to do. However, as i was at first under the welfare side of the SM team, i assumed i just had to make sure everyone was in tip top condition. After a few rehearsals, i was actually given the role to cue the actors/actresses on stage! How cool! It is tiring! Running everywhere to find the people and ensuring they are all ready to go on stage (e.g. costume).

To cut the story short, the show ended wonderfully with 15 salvation! Praise the Lord! God is good!

Reflections:
1) God works in mysterious ways. Though i did not intended to join, i was actually in the main committee and i had an important role in the Musical.
2) I actually learnt how a Musical works and the church compound better.
3) Through this Musical, i could see God at work, not only through the Musical but also in my life. He was there for me when i needed Him. He did not leave me. He continued to support me and provid for me. His unconditional love is really unexplainable.
4) Though the Musical was awesome (i heard from feedback), i knew only God could bring 15 souls to Him. Only He could have done so. Thank God for the 15 saved souls and let the Heaven rejoice!
5) As the cue-man, i would NEVER see the show at all. I was actually quite sad because you would work very hard but you would not see the product of the whole production. Till now, i have not even seen the whole Musical... Now wating for the video recording to see the show... Excited!
6) I really met a lot of new friends and 1 or 2 close ones! You know who you are! ^.^ Thank God for you!
7) I really saw how different people worked together and how everyone plays an important role no matter how small it is. No role is insignificant.

No comments:

Post a Comment