Friday, March 5, 2010

God came to show LOVE not give out punishment!

I was sitting on the MRT when this suddenly came into my mind.

I imagined what i would do to someone if that person betrayed me or even do something worst to me. The first thing that came into my mind was PUNISHMENT! Slap that person! Make him/her suffer! Revenge! That was when the Holy Spirit intervened. The Holy Spirit asked me, "Is this the right thing to do for a Christian? Was that why God sent Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins?"

I was speechless! God sent His one and only son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins so that we may feel God's love! If God wanted to punish mankind, He could have easily done that long time ago! But He did not! God acted in LOVE! In the same way, we should show love and mercy to people as we are here to LOVE and not here to punish people! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment